Job Information & Application Form
FIFE LAW CENTRE
£15000 p/a. Temporary 12 months.
Extension dependent of funding.
Fife Law Centre is looking for an enthusiastic individual willing to develop/learn existing and new skills within a small legal practice. He/she will undertake a range of administrative tasks in support of solicitors and paralegals in the delivery of a wide range of legal services to residents of Fife. Duration is initially for one year although there is the possibility of this being extended depending on the availability of funding.
Work hours are 9:00 to 17:00. Lunch break is from 13:00 to 14:00.
Closing date for submitting applications: 2 December, 2016.
Job Profile- Clerical Assistant
1. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing general clerical support functions to the paralegals and solicitors, and in particular:
- Providing reception duties such as answering incoming calls, capturing data for new inquiries, checking voicemails and transferring calls to others as required,
- Managing the diary/calendar, organising meetings and events including booking venues, issuing invitations and distributing documentation,
- Updating and maintaining records, files and databases in line with company procedures,
- Managing incoming mail, marking date of receipt and scanning into appropriate file,
- Ordering goods and services,
- Photocopying and ensuring forms of authority, stamped envelopes, client satisfaction forms and terms of business letters etc. are available,
- Assisting with the administration of the legal aid applications including putting applications online,
- Basic typing such as writing to clients when files are to be closed or advising of the outcome of their case,
- Any other duties which the Principal Solicitor considers appropriate to the post.
- Using Microsoft Office to a proficient standard,
- Typing speed and accuracy of 32 word per minute,
- It would be desirable to have previous support experience, such as reception, filing or word processing.
3. Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills,
- Capable of prioritising tasks to meet competing demands,
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team,
- Accuracy and attention to detail,
- Ability to deal with confidential and extremely sensitive matters,
- Ability to respond to client needs,
- Flexibility and adaptability.